"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Monday, April 4, 2016

Gardening in the Woods

It's been a long while since I posted. 3 years ago we had a home gutted and rebuilt.  It's a very special place for us. It is the kind of place I dreamt of and prayed for. I am incredibly thankful. It's a 3 1/2 acre wooded haven. Wild turkey frequent the yard and we see deer pass through often. I love it. It has the quiet country feel to it but it is actually within somewhat of a neighborhood. I love all the wildlife but they have indeed changed my gardening! The neighbors said they gave up on gardening as the deer and turkey were relentless in getting the food. So, sadly I had pretty much given up on the idea of gardening here without even trying. In recent months my oldest daughter has expressed how much she wishes we had a garden.  I decided the least I could do was give it a try!  So, this blog will be revived and I will journal our first attempt at having a garden on this property.  It won't be the nice fenced in garden we had in the past, there won't likely be nice raised garden beds like we had before.  I'll be starting from scratch, investing what little I can until we see if indeed the plants can survive the wildlife!