"For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations." Isaiah 61:11

Search for garden related articles right here:

Custom Search

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Garden 2010

Well, I haven't posted here in awhile but not for lack of enjoying Gardening.
My garden is doing well - now. It didn't start out so well. Mostly due to that I just get so anxious for gardening season that I tend to plant seeds outdoors too early. That was the case this year. Some of the seeds didn't come up and some that did the plants got damaged by frost. It's shaping up now though and looking pretty healthy. I will miss that spinach that didn't come up and the peas that some hungry rabbits wiped out. But in there place I somehow ended up with at least 6 tomato plants when I intended to plant 2. No complaints just not sure how that happened! I must have dumped some seeds I didn't know about. So, this year we shall have green beans (pole & bush varieties), zucchini, tomatoes, green peppers, and okra. We also harvested a decent amount of strawberries earlier this month.

The most excitement centered around a dwarf apple tree that began growing apples for the first time!! In May it had probably 25 apples growing on it and our whole family was thrilled about this first. Well, sadly when we came back from vacation there were only a handful left on the tree. While we were gone there were some high winds with some storms and apparently that got the best of those little apples. :( Oh well, we are happy to see the little thing working to grow some fruit!

That's the updates for now on the gardening front.
Happy Gardening 2010!